Welcome to Eastview Elementary School's PAC website
What is a PAC (Parent Advisory Council)?
The School Act gives parents the right, through PACs, to assume an advisory role in every school. PAC is the officially recognized collective voice of parents of their school. A PAC, through its elected officers, may advise the school board, the principal and staff of the school respecting any matter relating to the school other than matters assigned to the School Planning Council (SPC).
PACs are forums within each school community to discuss matters affecting your school and the education of your children. Parents voices are a tremendous value to their school. They offer a wealth of ideas and support in the challenges that face all public schools. PACs strive to represent the diversity within their communities and contribute to the benefit of all students by:
- providing opportunities to educate and inform parents about the school;
- involving parents in volunteer activities; and
- openly discussing parents' concerns and aspirations for their schools.
Who Can Become a Member of PAC?
All parents and guardians of students registered in the school are automatically members of the PAC.
What Governs a PAC?
As an autonomous body, the PAC must abide by its Constitution and Bylaws and the School Act.
BCC PAC website http://bccpac.bc.ca/what-pac
What is the Purpose of the Eastview Elementary School's PAC Website?
- Get information on PAC
- Sign up for email blasts
- Browse previous PAC meeting minutes
- See upcoming events
- Learn about fundraising activites
- Get the student directory
- Order hot lunch
- View PAC financials and teacher wish lists
- Purchase "Eastview Elementary School" clothing
- Make Donations (via Paypal)
This website is maintained by the PAC, please visit the Eastview Elementary School website for any other information.